[OM] Re: Mini Macro questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Mini Macro questions
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:22:49 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Next, there are two Zuiko 50/2 macros, one in OM mount and the newer
> Digital Zuiko... I don't know of any head to head
> test.

Some comparison here: http://www.biofos.com/cornucop/opage_1.html

Just to reiterate: focal length does not really affect DOF,
reproduction ratio does. If you make the same sized subject (same
reproduction ratio) from a long lens and a short lens, whey will both
have the same subject-relative DOF.

Wider lenses *seem* like they have greater DOF because they generally
have higher reproduction ratios -- don't magnify as much. And that
can be exploited effectively, but it's not the same as actually
having more subject-relative DOF.

:::: Under [Minister Ambrose's] leadership, Canada has moved from
supporter to saboteur of the Kyoto Protocol. We are now a Trojan
horse inside Kyoto representing George W. Bush. -- Elizabeth May,
Green Party of Canada ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality -- be the change! http://
www.EcoReality.org ::::