[OM] Re: Mini Macro questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Mini Macro questions
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:15:05 -0700
> From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> DOF, I think Jan used this phrase and it made sense to me, is what is
> acceptable. The further away I take a shot, the better it appears
> to me, the
> closer I have the lens, the les depth I get, but the spot that is
> in focus
> is superbly crisp. Just gets to, what is it you like or will
> accept. Me, I
> want it all and I want it now...

I forget, are you still limited to reversed ZD lenses?

Scott, you need to reduce your aperture to get more depth at the
reproduction ratio you're seeking. This means either manual aperture,
or a ZD on the EX-25 (which I understand you're about to get). And
lots of either time or light.

:::: We have squandered our planet's resources, including air and
water, as though there were no tomorrow, so now there isn't going to
be one. -- Kurt Vonnegut ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::