[OM] Re: Pixel diffraction effects on resolution [was Mini Macro questio

Subject: [OM] Re: Pixel diffraction effects on resolution [was Mini Macro questions]
From: John Morton <loncayeway@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:46:36 -0700 (PDT)
Device that attaches to flowers to steady them: the "McClamp"; two versions
available, one which attaches to the tripod and one which is attached to a
fiberglass stick that goes into the ground. I use the latter, which works just
great although sometimes the flower is a bit taller than the device can reach
to properly steady... the other version which attaches to the tripod would work
well in such cases but I always end up moving my tripod around a lot so, that
one isn't really practical for me. In any case, I always stick a stack of loose
change between the clamp ends so that the foam isn't pressing in on the plant
stem too hard.

  New CMOS sensors: the Foveon X3 chip captures red, green, and blue at every
pixel by using the fact that silicon absorbs different wavelengths of light at
different depths. Fujifilm also has a similar concept in development. When THAT
digital technology is finally perfected, I think I might be ready to finally
buy a digital camera!

  John Morton
  http://OriginOfWriting.com

Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  ScottGee1 wrote:
> Very interesting. Always thought provoking when theory collides with reality.

In fairness to Sean, he had to make a lot of assumptions about physical
configuration of the sensor. I seem to recall a news report about a new
CMOS sensor that's two layer, so the support circuitry is below the
sensor sites, which can then be bigger. Then there's the Fuji chips in
the S-thingies, with two very different size sets of sensors. Tricky
business.

> It might be instructive to remove the breeze as a variable.

You wanna drop by and hold the stem? :-)

Seriously, I remember some posts about gadgets that attach to camera or
tripod and reach out to steady plants and such. I wasn't interested at
the time.

Anybody point me to examples/sources?

Moose

List usage info: http://www.zuikoholic.com