[OM] Camera body design [ Reviews of E-410 and E-510]

Subject: [OM] Camera body design [ Reviews of E-410 and E-510]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:51:28 -0800
This is a discussion that is unresolvable in the sense of one design
winning for all people.

We had it before, when AG was going through a love/hate thing with
Canyon and often posted about how the C grips design caused him pain
numbness, nausea, you know, all those things in the small print in drug
adds.

At the same time, I was very happy with the same camera bodies. I can
walk around for hours carrying one in my right hand with no ill effects.

The point is that we all have different shape and size hands and there
are differences in how our forearm and hand muscle and skeletal systems
work.

So the E-1 is close to ideal for many folks, the OM bodies are great for
others, C or N bodies are most comfortable for others. Some are very
sensitive, to others, it makes little difference.

And whatever theory anybody happens to believe about what kind of body
design and which way it is held will lead to the most stable images
isn't worth anything to someone who experiences pain, numbness, shaking,
or even perhaps just mild discomfort with that combination. How can you
hold a camera steady when you hurt? And why would one want to?

The only error I can make here is in assuming what is best for me is
best for others - and arguing about it. It's all no win for the
participants.

Moose