[OM] Re: Reviews of E-410 and E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: Reviews of E-410 and E-510
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:37:29 -0600
>> 2. Panasonic sensor.  This is one of those things where I'm not
>> totally convinced yet.
>
> Why not? What's the difference as opposed to whatever they had been using?
The Panasonic sensors are generally regarded as having more noise than most.
I've not heard much comments on that from our 330 friends, but the examples
on sites like dp show more noise and more invasive noise reduction.

On the other hand, while the Kodak sensors are highly regarded for their
color qualities, they also are noted as having high iso noise problems.

I'm not convinced we've seen high iso sensors developed to a point where
they match the rest of the camera features.

Bill Pearce