[OM] Re: Reviews of E-410 and E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: Reviews of E-410 and E-510
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 15:37:25 -0600
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 01:35:15PM -0800, Winsor Crosby wrote:
> Galen Rowell would not have agreed with you. I shot like your
> description before I had a camera with a grip. There is nothing wrong
> with supporting the camera with both hands.

Sure there is: it increases camera shake. It's the same problem with pistol
shooting. It's a lot harder to hold the camera steady and still push the
shutter release with the same hand. If the camera is held steady with one
hand and the other hand does nothing but fire the shutter, the result is an
overall improvement in steadiness.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                    http://www.conmicro.cx
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net