[OM] Re: Sensors of E-400 and E-410 to be compared?

Subject: [OM] Re: Sensors of E-400 and E-410 to be compared?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:08:14 -0800
My interpretation was that Olympus was claiming that the tiny sensor
cells used to get 10 million pixels were just as good as the not quite
as tiny sensor cells used to get 8 million pixels. They probably feel
the market place is quite happy with the performance of 8 Mpixel
cameras and want to head off criticism that the 10 Mpixel sensor have
sacrificed desireable performance just to get to 10 Mpixels.

I think Olympus was seeing a lot of criticism for the quite old
E-1design not having been updated. They wanted to show fourthirds has
many developments going on. Probably the production costs, yields, and
delivery date of the sensor used in the E-400 didn't reach the goals
they had. Rather than completely drop it they sold it in a limited
market.

... but anyone's guess is at least as good as mine.

-jeff