[OM] Re: Sensors of E-400 and E-410 to be compared?

Subject: [OM] Re: Sensors of E-400 and E-410 to be compared?
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:31:23 +0100
Hi Moose. Thank you (and all the others replying to my posting) for
the  information.
I am still wondering why Olympus itself made the comparison between
410 and 400, coming up with the sentence

"The new 10-million pixel Live MOS sensor reproduces images with rich
gradations equivalent to an 8-million pixel CCD"

I cannot understand it in another way than that the images of a
10-million CCD must be "richer in gradations" than the 10-million NMOS
or 8-million CCD, according to Olympus' statement.

It is also hard to see why two cameras (being almost each others
lookalikes) should have different sensors. Why didn't Olympus build
the E-400 around the MOS sensor as well, only leaving out the live
view? The E-410 development must have been in progress when they
marketed the E-400, so it would have been cheaper to use MOS for both
cameras.

Frank.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.