[OM] Re: Reviews of E-410 and E-510

Subject: [OM] Re: Reviews of E-410 and E-510
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:09:00 -0600
On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 05:02:22PM +0000, Ian Nichols wrote:
> To be perfectly honest, I prefer SLRs with a grip, I find them much
> nicer to handle and much harder to drop without them being
> significantly harder to pack.  Don't understand why so many folks hate
> them the way they do.

For me, it's simple: The OM-1 was a masterpiece of ergonomics. I want a DSLR
that handles just like that. The grip is a serious step away from that,
especially in incarnations like Canon's where you can't wrap your fingers
around the lens and have your fingers around the grip at the same time. This
discourages holding the camera in the proper manner, using the left hand to
support the lens and the right hand only operating the controls.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC                    http://www.conmicro.cx
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com      http://www.tronguy.net