[OM] Re: Rumour has it...

Subject: [OM] Re: Rumour has it...
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 08:17:25 -0800
Yes, NiMi's lose their charge just sitting there. I have 4 or so C Series
cameras that use them and my photo shoots were on 10 hour walks, I only
turned the live view screen off between shots.

I would up getting a Digipower DPS 9000 7.2V 2200 mAh LiIon battery.

I did a variety of tests, but basically with the fresh 2700 mAh in the
camera, I had to change batteries at least once in 8 hours and after 250
shots, with the DPS 9000 I get over 500 shots and it is just starting to
slow down at the end of the day as it cools off, where as the NiMi's slow
down about 1/4th of the way through their use.

Now I have the E-500 and the Li Ion battery in this just blows me away, I
have a spare, but don't use it until I know the other battery has had many
hundreds of shots or have a long day to take pictures in.