[OM] Re: Rumour has it...

Subject: [OM] Re: Rumour has it...
From: "Scott Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 08:37:37 -0800
The Li Ion's last loads longer than the NiMi's.

My 1500 Oly for the E-500 lasts 5 ties longer than a set of 2700 NiMi's in
the C-5050.

A 2700 mAh NiMi external battery pack lasts only about 2/3rds the run time
of the 2200 Li Ion 2200 mAh external battery pack, from the same company.

I don't know why, but the Li Ions are likely 50% to 80% longer run than
their NiMi counterparts. That is, the 2200 Li Ion lasts as long as a 4300
mAh Ni Mi battery, easily.

I have observed this many times over the last 4 years of using those NiMi
and Li Ion battery packs.

Scott