[OM] Re: Obscene price of on camera flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Obscene price of on camera flash
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 14:36:23 -0800 (PST)
> Hogwash.  Dr. Flash always recommends manual flash for consistently
> correct exposure.

My primary lighting axe is the Vivitar 285HV.  I do, however, use the
Auto-Yellow mode most of the time.

I really should get a T32 or something for my OM-2S, as I miss OTF
for some stuff.

On the IS-3, I use the G40 external flash.  One thing that camera
does is get the distance from the AF sytem and sets flash power
accordingly.  As I was telling somebody else, I have yet to encounter
as good of flash control as that IS-3/G40 combination gives me.

I'd like to get a dedicated flash for the E-1, but choke every time I
see the price.  It is nuts.

AG

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.