[OM] Re: Obscene price of on camera flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Obscene price of on camera flash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 15:35:56 -0500
Hogwash.  Dr. Flash always recommends manual flash for consistently
correct exposure.  Those old (and new) Sunpaks and Metz flashes he talks
about still work just as well as they always did in manual mode.  So
does the Vivitar 283/285 except Vivitar is out of the flash business.

My latest thing is the Canyon 540EZ (in manual mode) on the 5D because
it has the most powerful auto focus assist light of all Canyon flashes
(15 meters range) and a nice manual zoom head and good manual power
controls.  Price is only about $70-120 because it doesn't do auto
anything nothing nohow nada on a Canyon digital body.

Chuck Norcutt