[OM] Re: FL40 and C8080

Subject: [OM] Re: FL40 and C8080
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:43:00 -0500
I think I'll stick with my Minolta A1.  Compared to the C5060, for
example, it has a 28-200/2.8-3.5 equivalent lens vs. 27-110/2.8-4.8 so
it's both longer and faster.  It has a larger sensor with 50% more
surface area for less noise, ISO range to 800 vs 400.  It has moving
sensor image stabilization good for about 2 stops, a PC connection as
well as a hot shoe with both protected to 400 volts, an intervalometer
for time lapse recording, and a live histogram.  It has a spot meter
whose measurement point can be moved anywhere on the image but it does
not do multi-spot averaging.  However, with the live histogram I'm not
sure the multi-spot averaging would buy much of any additional function.

I just wish I could have all this in a full frame DSLR.

Chuck Norcutt