[OM] Re: ebay advise

Subject: [OM] Re: ebay advise
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 19:40:45 -0800
Sigma isn't well known in the OM world. The Troy brothers have at
least one big Sigma and a few others have mentioned various long
telephotos. If you put it on yaBe, find some web sites that discuss it
and put links on your for sale page.

Also the CD nomenclature should be prominently mentioned if it is a CD
version. Tamron has SP and Tokina has ATX. The premium lens
designation will attract more attention.

Potentially you can significantlly affect the price. Seldom seen,
seldom sold lenses can attract the attention of a few zuikoholics
bidding to get something different. Jaap sold a 50/3.5 zuiko at a
fairly high price just by emphasizing its low serial number. If you
can get the interest of a few zuikoholics the defects might not
prevent you from getting a good price. If you depend upon potential
buyers to research the lens, you probably won't get enough attention
and the price could suffer dramatically being only seen as a potential
low cost fast lens with defects of unknown qualtiy.

Good luck,
-jeff