[OM] Re: E-330 Question

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 Question
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 22:15:19 -0500
At 09:36 PM 1/5/2007, Joel Wilcox wrote:

>I have not yet tried Live View B with the 90/2.  I decided that in
>Hawaii the DZ 14-54 would give me as much macro as I would likely need
>(provided the Bogen would give me the working room).  If you are like
>me, you may find LV B useful in focusing your longer Zuikos manually
>(but of course you'll need to get an adapter).

I had been sitting here thinking about purchasing an adapter but not
necessarily for the longer stuff.  My most likely longer candidate
would be the 105mm Kiron macro but it's a heavy beast and the 210mm
(35mm equivalent) focal length is just too long for the type of macro
work I generally do.  What I was wondering about was the availability
of wide angle lenses - something wider than my 24mm/f2.8 which is the
widest OM mount lens that I presently own.  Guess it's time to get my
SIF disc out and see what was made that might be useful.

On second thought, you may be right about longer lenses.  I can
definitely see that I will want to try my 300mm Zuiko on the
E-330.   I don't have anything currently that will go beyond ~450mm
(35mm equivalent) and that's using a 1.4 converter.  Have you used
any Zuikos on the E-330 yet?  Based on my experiences with the other
brand camera I'm concerned that the metering will be off when used
with manual focus lenses.

Thanks again,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson