[OM] Re: E-330 Question

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 Question
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:17:01 -0500
At 03:44 PM 1/5/2007, Joel Wilcox wrote:

>The LCD is a lot better than the E-1's,
>both for size, obviously, and viewability, though it can't hold up to
>direct sunlight.

That probably isn't a deal breaker for me.  A lot of my wildflower
shots are in the deep woods anyway and 99% are done using a tripod so
it should be easy to shade the LCD with my hand if push comes to shove.

 >To answer your question, the 10x focus zoom works very
>well.

That should be a big improvement over what I'm using now then which
is an SLR with right angle finder.  The finder has a 2 1/2 power
setting and I have a split image screen installed but those don't
work well together unless the focus point is in the center of the
image and that sure does limit you when it comes to composition.

>Especially with noise reduction turned on, it shoots quite cleanly at
>high ISOs.

I'm a little surprised to hear that but it will be an appreciated
bonus.  High shutter speeds are nice because most hours of the day
wildflowers are moving around in the wind.  I guess I'll need to
experiment and see how the noise reduction affects the resolution of details.

>That's more than you asked for, and sorry don't mean to gush, but I
>did enjoy myself with the E-330.

It sure sounds like it and you've been a good salesman!  ;-)   Looks
like it's time to log on to Amazon and close the deal.

Thanks a bunch,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA