[OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has

Subject: [OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 02:25:07 -0800
Mike wrote:
> My new motherboard has an eSATA port so I'm definitely going that route
> and/or LAN rather than either USB or firewire.

As I mentioned at the time, there was a great after rebate of a 250 gb
eSATA drive that I picked up around Christmas. It came with a bracket
for the eSATA port that connects to the dual SATA/EIDE controller I put
in last year. The drive works fine on HS-USB 2.0. I haven't done the
eSATA connection yet, too much going on the last couple of weeks, but if
it works as promised, that's the way I'll be going for future external
storage. Depending on who you listen to, it should be at least 4 x as
fast as HS-USB 2.0, and perhaps more.

Not as many deals out there as for the other connections yet.

Moose