[OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has two quest

Subject: [OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has two questi...
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:25:12 +0100
I have generally found firewire connectors robust, however whilst being
lazy and plugging in my portable drive into the external hard disk I
must have got the plug upside down and pop!  no more FW on my portable
drive, so I bought a new one.

I did some tests between FW and USB and I prefer FW for external drives.

One point that hasn't been mentioned is that with FW you can daisy chain
devices.

IanW