[OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has two quest

Subject: [OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has two questi...
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 15:40:09 +0100
While browsing Wikipedia, I just came across this citation:

"While FireWire was designed for hot-plugging, hardware frequently
gets damaged when utilizing this feature. Many hardware manufacturers
nowadays discourage FireWire hot-plugging and explicitly exclude
damage from hot-plugging from their warranty."

(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esata )

Not quite the same problem that I've seen, but a problem none the
less that might be worth noting if you use FW for your backup disk?

Thomas