[OM] Re: Newly acquired Olympus rangefinder/P&S

Subject: [OM] Re: Newly acquired Olympus rangefinder/P&S
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 09:57:59 -0500
It is possble the haze is on the element next to the blades.  This would
require possibly taking the focus mechanism apart, and turning the lens
assembly out of the focus helicoid.  If doing so, you could lose your
infinity focus position.  Be sure to mark ring positions before taking
apart.  Be prepared for the possibilty that the haze or film has
permanently ruined the glass surface.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net