[OM] Re: Newly acquired Olympus rangefinder/P&S

Subject: [OM] Re: Newly acquired Olympus rangefinder/P&S
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 07:55:54 -0500
Chuck:
Thanks. Took another look last night. Got the name plate off, but I lack
anything to (safely) unscrew the locking ring for the lens element. It's
difficult to determine where the film is in the lens.

Also checked the shutter speeds. They all work, but appear to be slow
(unscientific testing by firing an OM shutter at the same time). I'm pretty
sure the focus is stiffer than it should be - your diagnosis is likely correct.

If I want to use it, I am going to have to get a CLA. Something else to think
about... I admit to being a little naïve, thinking that I could just pick up a
50 year old camera and start shooting.

Best wishes,
Martin