[OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s

Subject: [OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 20:21:42 -0800

Chuck wrote:
> Hmmm.  I finally just realized who the Darin is that started this
> thread.  I assume the OM-2s in question is the one I sold you (Darin)
> last April.  As I recall you identified some winding issue then when
> used with your winder.  You apparently got it straightened out OK since
> it appears you've been using the camera.

You are correct, this is the camera I bought from you. Yes, from the
begining, the film advance on this camera has been much stiffer than on my
other OM's and the winder didn't have enough power to fully wind on every
shot. Piers recommended trying a motordrive instead of the winder, so I
bought one from him and it seemed to be working fine until now.

> I suppose Daniel could be correct that it needs service but I would be
> very surprised.  If this is the same camera (low drain, red flash ready
> light) it was serviced by Clint at PhotoSphere approximately 3 or 4
> years ago and, until the time I sold it to you, probably hadn't had more
> than 15-20 rolls of film put through it.  I know it was Clint that did
> the service since he installed the red flash ready light and also fixed
> the program mode.  I hadn't even known the program mode wasn't working
> properly since I had never (and still haven't) ever used it on either
> camera.  John serviced my remaining 2s (probably also about 3 or 4 years
> ago) and I did not ask him to change the flash ready light on that one.
>
> Since the camera has had (relatively) recent service is it possible for
> a winder to cause the problem you're seeing.  I dunno.
>
> Chuck Norcutt

I do suspect Daniel is most likely correct, since resetting and several
pairs of fresh batteries have had no effect.

Darin