[OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s

Subject: [OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 08:39:20 -0500
A growing majority of 2S, 3, 4, 4T, Ti have this same greasy latch
problem.  You could replace the latch assembly but it is part of a
subassembly (ZC452100) that includes the battery box, requires taking
out part of the sprocket and costs $25 net.  The new part will suffer
the same defect, so fixing the original part keeps service price down.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net