[OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s

Subject: [OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 09:12:09 -0500
Darin,

I suspect you have an over-wound issue based on your description. The thing
that makes me think that is you said the camera was wound on already and the
motor drive tried to wind on again. This was possibly where the problem
began. What has most likely happened is the mechanical sequence of actions
in the levers and latches in the bottom of the camera are out of order. It
*shouldn't* normally happen but it may be that the levers that govern the
actions are gummed up with dried out lube. The good news is it is fixable
but the bad news is it is likely to happen again without servicing.

It is possible for you to trip the shutter from the inside of the base of
the camera but it may need further resetting beyond what most people would
be comfortable with.

My best advice is to send it on to JH instead of your OM-1. I got my 2S done
a year or so ago and its much happier now.

Dan S.

> [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Darin
> Subject: [OM] Jammed OM-2s
>
> Hello list,
>
> Here's what happened.
> I took the camera with me on a hike yesterday, I have a
> motordrive on this camera, so the film was already advanced,
> when I tried to take a photo the shutter did not release, and
> the motordrive attempted to advance the film, but could not.
<snip>