[OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s

Subject: [OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 16:39:50 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Good idea.  Never thought of that.  Somewhere around here I even have a
> two AA battery box from Radio Shack that has a couple of leads coming
> out of it.  But I'm not the guy that has to do the test.

You mean not everybody has a variable DC power supply right under their
desk with leads that reach the desk? Nor a digital voltmeter at hand?
Goodness, what's the world coming to? ;-)

With other battery types, I think you do have to test under load. With
silver oxide batteries, I've always found no load voltage to be
sufficient. With the good ones, old Eveready 357s and SR-44Ws, anything
over 1.5v is ok. I may have to learn new rules when my stash of true
357s runs out.

Moose