[OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s

Subject: [OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 07:06:16 -0500
This history of this list is replete with stories of folks who replaced
their batteries with "new" ones only to find that the "new" batteries
didn't solve the problem.  What they didn't realize (until later) is
that the "new" batteries (for whatever reason) weren't in any better
condition than what they just took out.

The moral of the story is that when "new" batteries don't work go out
and get another set of truly new *silver oxide* batteries.  And if that
doesn't seem to work go to a completely different source and get another
set of *silver oxide* batteries so that you'll be guaranteed of getting
batteries from a different lot.  Don't suspect the camera until after
you've replaced the batteries with *silver oxide* batteries from two
different sources.

Very few devices of today use the *silver oxide* batteries needed by our
later OM's.  They're getting harder to find locally and, I suspect, what
you do find may well be very old stock.  So, don't trust a single source.

Chuck Norcutt