[OM] Jammed OM-2s

Subject: [OM] Jammed OM-2s
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:27:17 -0800
Hello list,

Here's what happened.
I took the camera with me on a hike yeaterday, I have a motordrive on this
camera, so the film was already advanced, when I tried to take a photo the
shutter did not release, and the motordrive attempted to advance the film, but
could not. The film advance lever does not move. I pressed the rewind release
button and carefully rewound the film, so as not to pull the film completely
back into its canister, then opened the camera back. Everything appeared to be
ok, so I removed the lens and the mirror is now in the up position (it must
have gone up when I opened the back to remove the film, because it was down
before that). When I move the mode selector lever to battery check, with a lens
or body cap in place there is no audible or visual signal. Without a lens or
body cap, both are constant for a second or two, then they pulse. I replaced
the batteries, but nothing changed. Also, the viewfinder light is not working,
and turning the shutter speed ring to the red 60 has no effect
 . This camera was 100% functional the last time I used it, just three days ago.

A couple questions.
I seem to remember reading something here on the list about a way to reset the
OM-2s. If this is possible, how is it done and do you think it would work in
this situation?

>From the lens side the shutter curtain is black and grey checked, is this what
>it should look like when it is cocked?

Should the battery check signal be continuos if the batteries are good, or is
the pulsing signal normal?

Thanks in advance,
Darin