[OM] Re: Custom Settings - Looking for advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Custom Settings - Looking for advice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:31:07 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Thank you.  Teaching is one of those things I really enjoy doing
> and rarely get enough legitimate opportunities. :)
>
> One reason why I explain my reasoning is because sometimes it is
> flawed and I'm needing to be corrected.  Moose is usually more
> than willing to confront my skewed ways.  I'll challenge him
> back, and it might appear to be a nasty catfight, but in reality
> we are stretching each other and improving ourselves as a
> result.
You'll get no disagreement on this one. I enjoy our occasional
"discussions" for just the reasons you give. I always learn something
useful and hope you do so at least occasionally.

The difference between what we have done and a catfight is in the
civility and lack of name calling. And at least in my case, the warmth I
feel for you as the person I feel I know more than a little about and
the respect I feel for you as a photographer and analytical thinker.

I like to think we compliment each other due to our generally very
different uses of photography. And I would add Chuck to that mix. I so
easily forget the needs of pros doing event and portrait work. I can
remember the last time I used flash, Halloween
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Home/Deva.htm>, But I'm
pretty fuzzy on the time before that. So you and Dr. Flash keep me from
getting too narrow.
> Next thing you know, I'm promoting BXTPDB's.

I'm not about to claim, nor want to claim, any hand in that! ;-)

Moose