[OM] Re: [OT] Computer question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Computer question
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 20:09:24 +0000
AH  when ZA was installed on the client PC's wasthe checkbox that says it's
running as an ICS client ticked?
Also, when I used ZA a lot on dial-up, I found that a dynamic IP tripped
things up - because the WAN IP would change when I reconnected and suddenly
some clients couldn't exchange info with the server until they were
rebooted.
I remember I did quite a bit of tweaking to cure that. I went to various ZA
forums that dealt with ICS issues. BB cures that (providing the server
remains connected to your ISP).
Allan (who hasn't used ZA for a few years now)

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Computer question
>Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 14:56:03 -0500
>

>Though I do now leave the computers on all the time to handle backups
>and things, I reboot regularly for changes to go into affect (effect?).
>
>I've rebooted several times since this bug popped up and it hasn't
>cleared up.  I CAN print in the other direction, which is from Lisa's
>computer (downstairs) where the 9000 is, to either printer in my office.
>I'm running the latest Zone Alarm Firewall on both,  network address is
>listed on both computers as being in the trusted zone, windows xp
>firewall is turned off.
>
>maybe it's solar flares! :-(
>

>___________________________________
>John Hermanson
>Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
>21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
>631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
>http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net
>

>Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> > Just a wild guess but I would suspect that the print spooler encountered
> > a bug and crashed.  Try rebooting both machines involved.
> >
> > Some folks like to brag about how stable their systems are.  Why it's
> > been running for over 100 years and has never crashed.  I have a
> > different view.  Memory management errors can be cumulative.  They can
> > be happening and not causing any problem until some specific event
> > occurs.  They can also be happening and causing subtle problems you
> > aren't aware of and may not be aware of for a long time.
> >
> > If you're not running a critical 24x7 service then don't mess around.
> > Power down in the evening and reboot every morning and force the memory
> > contents to be cleared and refreshed.  This may not be your problem but
> > easily could be.  Shutting down and rebooting only takes a couple of
> > minutes and may clear away a lot of evils.
> >
> > Chuck Norcutt
> >

> > John Hermanson wrote:
> >

> >>I had been printing to our new Canon 9000 through our network and it had
> >>been working fine.  Now, out of nowhere, I CAN'T print through the
> >>network and I get the message "print spooler service is not running".
> >>Any computer whiz have insight for this?  I appreciate all help.
> >>
> >>___________________________________
> >>John Hermanson
> >>Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
> >>21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
> >>631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
> >>http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net

> >>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> >>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

> > List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> > List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!