[OM] Re: [OT] Computer question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Computer question
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 11:41:49 -0500
Chuck,

I had this symptom with the list a few months back and at the time it
appeared to be an issue with mail services thru ICDsoft possibly having
blacklisted the free.fr domain. The list would get quiet and then I would be
flooded with messages, sometimes the drought would last 2-3 days. Then I
started getting the replies to some messages but not the original question.
Finally I changed over to a Gmail account and have not had the problem
since. Gmail has a pretty slick web interface for the list with nesting for
threads and auto hiding already read messages in the thread. I have had the
occasional post being classed as Spam, which is easy to correct with the
webmail interfaces "Not Spam" button. Also I don't get my original posts
when checking on a POP service with Outlook (I haven't tried Thunderbird yet
as per Moose's suggestion for a fix to this problem). Hope this helps.

Dan S.

> [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chuck Norcutt
> Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Computer question
>
> You misunderstood my message.  I was trying to test if my ISP
> was blocking the mail and verified that was not the case.  It
> appears to be being held in a queue somewhere and I don't
> know where but it's not my ISP.  Tom Scales apparently has
> the same problem but his has been going on for some time and
> my problem only just started a couple days ago.
>
> As to an occasional error in a message I realize that, if the
> bit error rate is something like 1 in 10^-13 that it doesn't
> really take a long time to get there at gigahertz rates.  :-)
SNIP