[OM] Re: Zuiko 16mm fisheye...how much veiling glare should I expect

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 16mm fisheye...how much veiling glare should I expect
From: Nick Wilson <toona@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 07:15:02 +1100
Thanks all for the replies.

I had hoped that the light scuffing (actually mostly tiny scratches)
would not make that much difference as it isn't deep or that obvious at
all and I had heard Jeff's view about rear element being more important
etc.  But I suspect the effect has been exacerbated by the huge front
element (well, huge for a Zuiko) concentrating the light. Looking now
against a strong light I can see the little marks catching the light and
think that there must be at least a bit of a contribution. I think I
should be expecting a bit better than I get.

Hopefully this is a bit of a tip for new players! Now all I need is a
new front element, as I like the little thing. Anyone got one with a
smashed rear element???

Thanks for the nice comments on the OO pictures too! Just a bit of local
flavour from the Aussie subtropics and my interest in the natural world
and trying to get back a bit of the former 'Big Scrub' rainforest.
Chris, you hit the nail on the head I think. I do the run up the
aptly-named Coolamon Scenic Drive a bit, but one early evening the light
was pouring down the flats. Stopped the car and took a simple shot.
Actually, the 'view' from Coolamon Scenic Drive (its official name!) is
mostly to the coast and Cape Byron (the most easterly point on the
mainland), but there are niceties the other way too.

On the scanning...the processor did it and I got a CD! I have no film
scanner yet, as I take medium format and am waiting on the great deal
for a film scanner that does the bigger format. I am writing up my PhD
atm, after going back to study, so budgetary concerns are relevant.

Jeff, it is Whian Whian. I am slightly confused, though. Chris mentions
my nephew shot, but I can't see it there. Am I missing something?

Good health all.

Nick