[OM] Zuiko 16mm fisheye...how much veiling glare should I expect

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 16mm fisheye...how much veiling glare should I expect
From: Nick Wilson <toona@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:27:12 +1100
Hello all,

I have got around to posting an OM-related question.

I bought a 16mm Zuiko fisheye some time ago 'in great condition' etc
etc, but it ended up having some scuffing on the coating on the front
element. I didn't give it back for various reasons (it was a friend of a
friend; didn't think a bit of wear on the outer coating would make that
much difference,  blah blah). With time, I have found that it picks up a
fair bit of veiling glare/flare when there is overcast or even a bright
sky if the light is correct for the effect. No light source in the
image, but a classic 'pick up stray light' effect.

The lens is sharpish (not great) and can take pics without glare if the
light is right, eg check out an image on the Olympus Odyssey (under
'Nick Wilson' from the mis-spelled Whien Whien).
http://www.olympus-photography.com/Olympus-Odyssey/gallery_black_1.htm

I was wondering how much I might expect, given the experience of other
users. I find it constraining now.

Nick