[OM] Lightroom and aperture - mainly 4 mac users

Subject: [OM] Lightroom and aperture - mainly 4 mac users
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:51:45 +0100
I downloaded aperture last week and my fist impressions are good,
performance wise it seems comparable to lightroom. I tested this on my
macbook with onboard graphics, it seems they heard my comment about
shooting themselves in the foot by being strict on the hardware it can
run. So if adobe mess up on their pricing I could live with aperture.

What I have noticed however is that despite the faster memory, bus etc
the dual 1.83 intel macbook is pretty much matched performance wise to
my sonnet dual G4 1.8 ( which is for sale). The difference in launching
cs2 however is vast , I hope my new core 2 duo macbook is much faster
with CS2.