[OM] Re: Introduction and OM-1 questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Introduction and OM-1 questions
From: Ian Lowman <ian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 21:58:05 -0500
Allan Mee wrote:
> Has the mirror locked up on the Om1? I'm assuming u know Olympus cameras -
> but maybe not - they 'suffer' from mirror lock up if the battery runs too
> slow -
<snip>

This is wrong. The OM-1(n) is purely mechanical as far as the shutter
and stopping down of the lens goes. The only need for a battery is to
operate the light meter (should you wish to use it). This is one of my
favo(u)rite things about the OM-1 (and OM-3) cameras.  I would echo the
other replies in recommending a CLA (Clean, Lube, Adjust) from one of
the recommended experts on this list.

Cheers,
Ian