[OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else

Subject: [OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else
From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:03:15 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx On Behalf Of Moose

This being a livelihood issue, I would think actual results should
outweigh any brand loyalty or prejudice.
_________________

Yep. I'm slowing coming to realize that, which goes to show that very old
dogs can occasionally learn new tricks. I tend to be criminally loyal to
stuff that has served me well, and it was Olympus that smoothed the path
when I picked up a camera again after a decades-long hiatus, and I came to
really appreciate the OM system, and to a lesser degree, the E-1 system,
which when I bought it was more than adequate for my needs.

But inevitably, one has to decide whether one is more interested in brand
loyalty than professional standards, and it's not as if moving to a Canon or
Nikon system is exactly slipping into the photo gutter. <g> In fact, I
suppose when it comes to livelihood, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do,
and that means picking a system that serves his needs now, and which is
likely to serve his needs in the years to come.

Hum. Come to think of it, that works for more than just photo equipment,
doesn't it. Maybe wives, too? <g-wink>