[OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else

Subject: [OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 15:50:32 -0800 (PST)
> D200. Most of what I've read about this relatively new
> offering suggests it is worth every penny charged, and in
> fact is practically indistinguishable, imagewise, from its
> legendary big brother, the D2X. Except, of course, the
> D2X can substitute for a sledge hammer if needs be, while the
> D200 isn't built quite that tough.

If you do a feature/capability matrix comparison between the D2X
and the D200 you will find some remarkable differences--most
notably in the AF system.

Personally, I'm going to wait it out till February and then take
the plunge. If it's an E-3, so be it.  If not, then I've pretty
much made up my mind that I'm going Nikon.  In my case, I'll
most likely pick up a used D2X and a new D200.  The D2X just has
that something extra which is hard to describe--it really is
about the ultimate in camera designs.

Once I make the change, there will be no return. :(  It's been a
wonderful 20 year run, for me, with Olympus.

AG

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420k for $1,399/mo.
Calculate new payment!
http://www.LowerMyBills.com/lre