[OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else

Subject: [OM] Re: Slouching Toward Something Else
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 20:41:40 -0800 (PST)
Winsor,

It should last a while hopefully. At least I can build
up lenses until another affordable model arrives. I
looked into lens prices and they seemed reasonable.
The selection is certainly there.

I have read good things and bad things about the D80.
Most negative comments were related to some quality
issues. Nikon seems to have dropped a bit in their QC.

--- Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Unless there is some sort of major technological
> breakthrough I think
> the 10MP is not likely to be improved upon to any
> great extent and
> will serve you a long time. My neighbor earns his
> living doing school
> photography and he just replaced his D70 with the
> D80 and is thrilled
> with the high ISO. He misses the 1/500 sec flash
> synch though for
> daylight fill.
>
> I think Olympus is content to be a minor player. For
> a short while it
> may have flirted with the idea of being more during
> the OM years, but
> probably decided it was too costly about the time
> that it dropped
> their pro services.   It is only us who want it to
> be more.

Sponsored Link

Get an Online or Campus degree
Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's - in less than one year.
http://www.findtherightschool.com