[OM] Re: how about the olympus E400

Subject: [OM] Re: how about the olympus E400
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:10:21 -0700
That is why I recommended a third party manual for that new D70 that
Jim got. There are just times that you scratch your head with the
Nikon one. The D80 does not have the aperture actuating mechanism on
the mount. The lenses work on the body, but you have to meter with
another device. It is the D200, D2Hs, D2Xs, D1H and D1X that have the
manual focus lens compatibility including metering modes.

I looked at the chart and I think it just means that you can be in
any of those automatic modes, when you put on the manual lens and you
do not have to change the mode setting. The CPU in the AI lens takes
care of it.  Just set the aperture on the lens and the shutter speed
on the camera. With a non-CPU lens you have to change the mode to
manual.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA