[OM] sad news

Subject: [OM] sad news
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:10:51 +0100
I'm really sorry for the news but I've just realised that I have been
burglared.
Police was here and has just gone with no much help. They'll send someone
for fingerprints tomorrow.

I've lost an OM-4, an OM-1, an OM-40, with mounted lenses such as the 40/2
among others. And I'm really sorry to say that I've also lost stuff of the
society that I run, and the Odyssey camera too with a 24/2.8 which I had on
it at the moment. It seems to have been a quick visit-job through the window
or an inside job from someone I know or someone just visiting the house (I
share my place and was away recently) and this latter thought drives me even
more crazy. Certainly a quick job though, since they left other of my stuff
and seemed to empty the obvious top cupboard drawer.

I have no insurance, and for my finances it will take years to replace those
missing stuff, especially since all those only came as rare bargains and
through searching for months, after I got the obvious om-zuiko-addiction.

I just think life sucks. I feel very violated and I'm sorry fot the Odyssey
camera. I'll pay for it.
I feel terrible, just an idiot. Among all the obvious reasons, for keeping
that 40/2 unused and only for rare cases...

Christos