[OM] Re: how about the olympus E400

Subject: [OM] Re: how about the olympus E400
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:07:54 -0700
Reading my D70 manual AND the Magic Lantern guide indicates that the
AI lenses only work in manual mode on the D70, they will not work in
A,S, or P modes. None of the metering modes will work. As there is no
CPU in the manual lenses there is no way for the camera to know what
the f-stop setting is. AI-P lenses have a CPU and will work in M, A,
S, & P. Spot and center weighted metering will work, but matrix
metering will not.

FWIW - I am in agreement with Winsor, one of the reasons for the
digital body for me was to gain autofocus and some of the newer
automation. It does not make a lot of sense to me to deal with
limited, stop down, or no metereing to use manual lenses on the
thing. If I am going to shoot manual focus then I will jsut use the
lenses (in my case Zuikos) on the body they were designed for. It is
much easier! :)

Jim Couch