[OM] Re: about the OM-1n

Subject: [OM] Re: about the OM-1n
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:07:18 -0400
OM-1s from (approx) serial number 1,100,000 - 1,640,000 were made minus
the prism foam.  Nice idea.  The 1N picks up around 1,640,000 and,
bingo, they put the prism foam back in. DOH !
All 1N have all the improvements ever put into the plain 1. Same can be
said when comparing 2 to 2N. Most parts are easily had, OM-1 meters are
a different story and usually must come from junk bodies.  OM-2 / 2N
meters are more plentiful but are not adaptable to the 1 / 1N.   OM-10,
20, G, are all good source for prisms, and Chuck hit it on the head when
he says they can be picked up cheaply.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net