[OM] Re: about the OM-1n

Subject: [OM] Re: about the OM-1n
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:13:46 -0700
housqa wrote:
> one question, what's the difference between  the OM-1 and the OM-1n?
> which one shall I buy?
>
> I have been told by a friend that the "n" means "new", so I want to buy a
> OM-1n.

The 'n' may have meant new, but the youngest of these cameras is about
20 years old. The only functional difference between the 1 and the 1n is
the change to accommodate the T series flashes that were developed to
work with the then new OM-2. This consists of a different flash shoe and
the addition of a little light in the viewfinder.

The OM-2, 4 and OMPC series bodies do through the lens auto flash with
the T series flashes, so there is little call to use the OM-1n with a T
series flash.

If you don't need the T series flash  ready and confirmation light,
condition is far more important than whether the body is a 1 or 1n.

I prefer the original OM-1, so my nice clean OM-1n is for sale. E-mail
off list if you want details.

Moose