[OM] Re: how about the olympus E400

Subject: [OM] Re: how about the olympus E400
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:05:14 -0400
I took a look at the D80 manual and found it very confusing at to lens
compatibility.  The compatibility table seemed to be saying that old
manual focus AI lenses could be used in program, aperture and shutter
priority indicating that the camera could control the mechanical
aperture arm.  This would, of course, imply that the camera knew the
exposure as well.  However, my read of the table also said that AI
lenses wouldn't be able to meter in any of the three metering modes.

Obviously I don't understand something.

Chuck Norcutt