[OM] Re: photoshop upgrade question

Subject: [OM] Re: photoshop upgrade question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:38:15 -0400
A religious argument mostly.  If you send to commercial labs for prints
then use sRGB.  If you don't they'll convert it anyhow.  If you print at
home and have a really first class ink jet printer with, say, 8 ink
colors it might be able to show some of the additional color from Adobe
RGB over sRGB.  However, you won't likely be able to see it on your
monitor which is an sRGB device.  Confused?  Here's a reasonable
treatise on the subject.
<http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/sRGB-AdobeRGB1998.htm>

Chuck Norcutt