[OM] Re: Hijack...Re: New Portra pro film line from Koduck

Subject: [OM] Re: Hijack...Re: New Portra pro film line from Koduck
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:45:56 -0500
> - L*ica D-Lux 3 or P*nas*nic LX-2
>
> AND
>
> - a F30 or F31fd.

Interesting. On my newly revised shortlist that includes staying with film
for what matters, both the LX-2 and the F30 are on my shortlist along with
the Sony RD1. Each camera has at least 60% favorable items, but regrettably
a percentage of negatives in the high 30's.

The Sony is a bit bigger than I would like, as I have small hands, I'm not
enamoured of the EVF, and it ain't cheap. The Panasonic has only a
chimpscreen, and the AF is slow, and the Fuji seems challenged at normal
light levels.

At least I'm over the need to get a full capability digital now. I've
decided to wait on how three companies sort things out. Of course, if the E3
is a 12-14mp with low noise at least to 400, the new Pentax has good
results, and the second generation Sony has things sorted out, and the
companion Zeiss lenses are there......

Bill Pearce