[OM] Re: Hijack...Re: New Portra pro film line from Koduck

Subject: [OM] Re: Hijack...Re: New Portra pro film line from Koduck
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:04:05 -0500
> From the review of the LX-1:
> "If you feel a 'but' coming on, here it is. To release a camera so
> obviously aimed at the serious photographer, to add so many usable
> manual controls, to put a razor-sharp Leica lens on the front and then
> to drop in a chip / processor that is so noisy you can't use it above
> ISO 100 is quite simply unforgivable. It's like buying a Ferrari and
> discovering it maxes out at 55 mph."

I've read similar reviews from websites, and I have then returned to
Recihmann's review. Not someone that i would consider particularly disposed
to something that isn't Canon, and he loves it. NO mention at all of noise
problems to this degree, and absolutely no mention at all about slow
focusing.

I'm confused.

Bill Pearce