[OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:21:33 -0700
That reminded me of my tour in Costa Rica when we were getting a
lecture on the local insects by a biologist at the butterfly farm. He
told us about a local bug bites, then defecates into the wound,
passing on an incurable disease that is fatal. He explained that the
other unusual thing about it is that the incubation period for the
disease is 20 years. He gazed slowly around the room at our group and
said, "On second thought none of you have anything to worry about."

I don't have any illusions that my digital images will last beyond my
ability to care for them. The pleasure of the activity of photography
is reward enough.  A nice project might be to sort out a collection
of pix you might think will have nostalgia value for younger family
members when they mature, print them and put them in a shoe box,
preferably acid free.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA