[OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:58:14 -0500
> Interesting that the silver halide, Fuji Crystal Archive type 1, gets a
> 41yrs longevity rating. My
> impression historically was that the traditional color print materials
> were just terrible.
Old news. kodak and Fuji have been continually improving the life of papers
for over 25 years. I understood the life to be greater, but Kodak test and
Wilhelm tests don't always jibe. For that matter, any accelerated test is
open to question.

 I was thinking we now all need to build a really deep
> pit under our cellars for storing prints. The earth is usually at least
> 5-10deg C below surface
> (think caves) and very stable even winter to summer. This would more than
> double our picture
> lives.
Will this work for humans of our advanced age?

Bill Pearce