[OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital

Subject: [OM] Re: Film Vs. Digital
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:45:56 -0700 (PDT)
Interesting that the silver halide, Fuji Crystal Archive type 1, gets a 41yrs
longevity rating. My
impression historically was that the traditional color print materials were
just terrible. This
seems relatively good: 40-50% of best inks.  I was thinking we now all need to
build a really deep
pit under our cellars for storing prints. The earth is usually at least 5-10deg
C below surface
(think caves) and very stable even winter to summer. This would more than
double our picture
lives. The more difficult thing is probably controlling humidity cheaply and
reliably over a long
term.

tim Hughes